St. Joseph’s Lifecare Foundation 50/50 Lottery
IT’S A WIN-WIN!
Estimated Take Home Prize
Your participation in our monthly lottery helps provide direct care to patients of Stedman Community Hospice and long-term care residents of St. Joseph’s Lifecare Centre, Brantford.
Grand Prize Deadline September 30 at 11:59 pm
Don’t miss your chance to win!
Who You Help
Your ticket purchase will:
- • help pay for life-protecting PPE including masks, gloves, face shields and other pandemic-related expenses,
- • provide compassionate care for end-of-life patients and grief support for their loved ones,
- • enhance quality of life for long-term care residents by providing essential care items including replacement mattresses and bed frames, and safety equipment such as rails, ceiling lifts, and other mobility aids
How It Works
Rules of Play
Lottery License #RAF1201720
- The lottery will take place online only during the following dates:
Monthly Draw Early Bird Draw Early Bird Prize August 23 – September 30, 2021
Start: August 23, 2021 at 11 am EST
End: September 30, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST
Draw: October 1, 2021 at 11 am EST
Close: September 7, 2021 at 10:59 am EST
Draw: September 7, 2021 at 11 am EST
Close: September 20, 2021 at 10:59 am EST
Draw: September 20, 2021 at 11 am EST
November 15 – December 23, 2021
Start: November 15, 2021 at 11 am EST
End: December 23, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST
Draw: December 24, 2021 at 9 am EST
Close: November 29, 2021 at 10:59 am EST
Draw: November 29, 2021 at 11 am EST
Close: December 10, 2021 at 10:59 am EST
Draw: December 10, 2021 at 11 am EST
- All tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older.
- Must be in the province of Ontario at the time of purchase.
- Tickets are: 10 tickets for $10, 40 tickets for $20, 160 tickets for $40.
- Tickets will be available at online at
- Tickets will be sold using electronic raffle system supplied by Ascend Fundraising Solutions.
- After buying, patrons will receive a confirmation by email with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
- The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw.
- Once a number has been drawn for an early bird prize, the same number will be ineligible for other early bird prizes. However, other numbers on the same ticket may still be drawn. It is possible for the same number to win both an early bird prize and the grand prize.
- The 50/50 draw starts with a guaranteed prize of $5,000. The prize will increase as soon as gross sales exceed 2x the guaranteed prize.
- The amount of the 50/50 will be updated in real-time on the lottery website
- The winning number as well as the name of the winner will be announced by email as well as
posted on-line at
- The winner may claim their prize by contacting St. Joseph’s Lifecare Foundation at:
(519) 751-7096, 2558 or by email at:
email@example.com. The ticket may then be brought to 445 Grey Street, Brantford at an agreed upon time for ticket verification. The winner will then be paid by cheque for the amount posted at the event for which they bought their ticket. Winners must have the original winning ticket and no copies.
- The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchased.
- The winner must provide his/her name, address, and phone number with picture identification for verification.
- Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that draw. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
- In the event that no winner comes forward, the winning stub will kept in a safety deposit box and held for 6 months. After that time-period has elapsed the prize will be donated to a charity other than St. Joseph’s Lifecare Foundation Brantford, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
- Regulations prohibit the following persons and their immediate families residing in the same household from purchasing a ticket: St. Joseph's Lifecare Foundation Brantford Staff and Board of Directors; St. Joseph’s Lifecare Centre President, Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer; employees of Ascend Fundraising Solutions; and members of licenced gaming suppliers providing services to the Lottery. Other employees of St. Joseph's Lifecare Centre can purchase tickets, provided the above regulations do not apply.
- The above set of rules will be posted online at